Best Crossbow Reviews 2019 – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Hunting with guns and dogs is familiar. But is it as elegant as hunting with a crossbow?
I suppose not.
These crossbows reviews will help you choose the best crossbow 2018 for hunting …
These crossbows were modified with innovation to serve the purpose of the user and improve their hunting experience. In 2019 you can find all types of best crossbows that vary in shape and size. The pulling mechanism , different calibers and the range of shooting and speed are important factors while choosing a best crossbow.
10 Best Crossbow Reviews 2019
But it is important to know exactly what you are buying before spending money. Therefore, in the reviews given below, several parts and features are provided so that buyers new to it can choose wisely according to their needs.
|Crossbow Name||Bow weight (lb)||Velocity (FPS)||Draw Weight (lb)||Check Price|
|Excalibur Matrix Mega 405(Professionals Choice)||6.2||405||290||Check Price|
|TenPoint Venom Crossbow with ACU50||6.5||372||200||Check Price|
|Barnett Ghost 410 CRT (Editor’s Choice)||7.9||410||185||Check Price|
|Barnett Buck Commander Extreme||7.1||365||185||Check Price|
|Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Crossbow||6||304||200||Check Price|
|Barnett Ghost 375||7.1||330||160||Check Price|
|Barnett Jackal Package (Beginners Friendly)||7.7||315||150|
|Barnett Penetrator Crossbow||8.6||350||175||Check Price|
|Arrow Precision Inferno Fury||4.8||235||175||Check Price|
|Barnett Wildcat C5||8.5||320||150||Check Price|
This particular crossbow is quite expensive but it’s worth it.
This type of a recurve crossbow is the quickest one available in the stores. Pros can hit upward to 405 FPS and much more allow it to make its mark.
Carrying it around is not a problem because just like the rest of the recurve crossbows it is light. The range is none other than the most expensive range; Twilight DLX scope and it goes without stating that it accumulates the accuracy of the crossbow.
It is certainly not simple to use hence a lot of features for safety are included. With a velocity of approximately 405 fps, it is one of the quickest bows on the market.
However, it is not a favorable crossbow with a draw weight of about 290 lbs. Usually, users prefer crossbows with a shorter pull length, which consumes much less energy, helping to release the arrow at full speed. Mostly longer pulls mean speed faster and this is the case with this crossbow, but users do not prefer long pull-length crossbows.
TenPoint Venom also has one of the best scopes that enhances a target’s accuracy. For both professionals and beginners, this best crossbow is perfect. It’s extremely easy to assemble this crossbow. If it’s a problem to cock the bow then the advantage of using this bow becomes quite clear as it has an integrated rope cocking feature. Using this crossbow, hunting bear, moose, and deer is quite easy. Mostly all Tenpoint gadgets are performing exceptionally well.
The scope is already focused, so not much adjustment is needed to start using it after it has been fixed. The weight of the arrows used estimates the power of this crossbow.
Its structure and shape make it easy for users to move across narrow areas. Due to its light weight, which is another plus for this best crossbow, hunting is made easier. The arrow’s piercing power is lethal and can easily move through the thickest objects. For this crossbow, 20-inch arrows are preferred and Pro Elite Arrows are specially designed for this crossbow. These arrows fly linearly and quickly and last longer. It’s also easier to carry these arrows with you.
TenPoint offers a limited lifetime warranty for most of its products, including crossbows, but you must complete the warranty card process and return it within 30 days after the purchase of the crossbow to enact it. Multilayer optics amplifies and zooms the image from 1.5X to 5X, and it is totally amazing to transmit light at this level. Each shot is fast like the arrow flight, and in low light and bright conditions, the range is usually so precise. The scope of the objective is effective and even after a considerable measure of shaking and jerking movements it remains constant.
With this Best crossbow, you will not have to supplant the scope with any other on the market.
The Ghost 410, my indisputable choice and probably the best-known and most appreciated crossbow of Barnett! Consider the possibility that I reveal to you that this best crossbow is capable of firing an arrow at the speed of 410 feet per second and this is the fastest crossbow of our reduction and is not as expensive as the more than two.
I’m sure you’ll say, “Wow, should that be the most expensive crossbow there is?” Well, I must tell you that it’s not an economic crossbow, but it does not cost a fortune either, it’s cheap in cost compared to the previous two and it gives more value to money.
Look at the best characteristics of the fastest crossbow compound you can buy in 2019.
- The mounted scope of the package provides a green / red dot light, which can either be activated or deactivated with a single button.
- The weight of the crossbow is only 7.3 lbs and the draw weight is 185 lbs. TheCrossbow is very light and easy to carry.
- The crossbow uses a 15.4-inch power stroke that can produce an incredible amount of kinetic energy (149ft / lbs).
- Typically the bow is designed to be able to shoot 22-inch arrows together with the velocity of 410 FPS. With such features, you may easily head out right now there for large games.
The weight of this best crossbow is 7.1 pounds and is one of the lightest compound crossbows on the market. The Buck Commander Extreme is made of carbon and aluminum, and that’s the only reason it’s lightweight.
It’s compact when it’s tight, so it’s extremely easy to use in your hands or on a tree stand.
The BCX can do many miracles a hunter would ever want. It comes with all tools so you can get started right away. It can shoot at 365 feet / second and generates 118 pounds of kinetic energy that can deepen the arrow within the target.
Thanks to the illuminated riflescope 3 x 32, the accuracy of the crossbow is great. The rugged, balanced and lightweight design facilitates transportation and ease of use. It is also very comfortable.
5. Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Review – Probably the Excalibur’s most affordable crossbow
Excalibur is considered to be one of the most expensive brands as a Crossbow manufacturer. However, here’s an affordable choice. The grizzly is a large recurving crossbow and a medium- and small game hunters ‘ attention – seeker. The design is balanced, easy to use and easy to mount.
This best crossbow weight is just 5.5 pounds, making it perfect for adolescents and women. The materials used in the robust frame are composite, providing durability and strength. The accuracy is great, the narrow limbs of 30 inches provide the arrow with a straight path and the build is strong enough to bear 200 lbs of draw weight.
Let’s have a look at the best features of this crossbow.
- The maximum speed of 304 FPS helps to take down small to medium level games from this compact crossbow.
- The package includes 4 arrows, so you can start directly out of the box to practice target hunting or archery.
- The adjustable scope ensures accuracy and the kill is guaranteed by 200 pounds of draw weight.
- Excalibur Grizzly is designed to be light, user-friendly and shooting efficient. In short, you are going to get what you’re going to pay for.
Here comes another famous model of the Barnett Ghost 375, one of the leading brands. Lightweight, built by Sturdy and the precision to start with make it one of my favorite crossbows. The size is compact, which is very useful for cramped areas of hunting. The price in this list is slightly higher than some of the other models, but it’s worth every cent.
This monster’s weight is just 7.1 pound, and it’s well balanced and easy to use just like any other Barnett product. It is capable of shooting 20-inch arrows at 360 FPS speed, ensuring a beautiful kill and great for small-medium level games.
Well, this is just a problem with this crossbow. The cocking mechanism is missing, resulting in a weight of 160 lbs. Therefore, that makes it a great option for teenagers.
With another great crossbow, Barnett comes here, specially designed for beginners. The package includes a quiver, a few bolts and a red dot sight, and you can use everything right out of the box. This crossbow can be easily assembled, even if it’s not a hard job for a beginner. It will not take more than 15 minutes of yours.
There’s only one missing thing in the Broadheads package. You can go out on a hunt once you get it.
Let’s take a look at this crossbow’s few benefits.
- This bow’s maximum speed is 315 FPS with a maximum draw weight of 150 pounds which is sufficient for less than 300 bucks!
- The best thing is that everything is included in the package and it is extremely easy to assemble the crossbow.
- Quad limbs provide maximum stability without additional weight being added.
- The cable system and energy wheels ensure that shots are powerful and quick, so you can be sure to hit your target.
Another Best crossbow is also from barnett. Penetrator is super easy to assemble and come with all the tools you need, so you can start your practice immediately. Penetrator can shoot arrows at a maximum speed of 350 fps that can give those arrows 109 ft./lbs of kinetic energy. So, inside your target the arrows can go deep. For small and medium to large level games, this crossbow is perfect.
Let’s look at some of the positive points and benefits of Barnett Penetrator.
- Five years of stock guarantee, limb assembly and trigger mechanism.
- The package includes three 20-inch, 400-grain aluminum arrows. However, I recommend you to buy Carbon arrows. A 4×32 mm scope is also included.
- The speed is 350 FPS and 175 pounds draw weight to ensure killing.
Inferno fury is one of our list’s cheapest crossbows. Cheap in price, not in quality. This low-cost crossbow is the best for beginners who just want to start their practice with something cheap and lightweight. The Arrow Precision Inferno Furey comes with all the essential tools so you can start taking it out of the box right away.
Inferno fury is not a crossbow for big games. This bow’s maximum speed is only 235 feet per second and the draw weight of 175 pounds. However, if you fire an arrow from a distance of 20-30 yards, you can take a deer down.
Wildcat C5 is one of Barnett’s most popular models. It is especially designed for beginners and hunters at the intermediate level.
Build Quality and Design
There’s nothing wrong with this crossbow’s built quality. Thanks to the quad-style limbs that come with powerful wheels, you can have a stable and powerful draw. The string and cable system makes the draw weight of 150 lbs easy to pull. This crossbow’s weight is 8.5, which in our lineup is a bit heavy compared to others. The design is fantastic, with performance and comfort. The grip is extremely comfortable and for proper hand placement is built with a thumb hole.
Features and Performance
Barnett Wildcat C5 is packing a number of features and simply amazing when it comes to performance.
- Easy to pull the 150 lbs draw weight, thanks to the cable system.
- Velocity up to 320 FPS, to ensure the kill.
- Wildcat c5 is capable of generating 91 FP of kinetic energy to capture stationary and mobile targets..
- Barnett provides the 5 year warranty on this model..
- The 4×32 adjustable scope is easy to use and is accurate for up to 20f.
- It comes with a quiver and three solid 20-inch arrows
Crossbow Buying Guide
As has always been mentioned in the reviews, make sure it is compatible with your needs before spending money on a crossbow.
If all of these factors are satisfactory, the user will consider buying the cross bow. Also, the buyer must be aware that the accessories that come with the package, like the rope cocking device and the padded slinger, are quite important.
- The draw weight which means the power required before the flight to pull the arrow. The greater the draw weight, the faster the arrow speed and the greater the power it would have. It’s between 75 pounds and 200 pounds.
- The minimum speed to be traveled by the arrow is 300 FPS. This means that it is preferred not only the bows with more draw weight and light bow weight, but also those that shoot arrows at a faster speed. Large hunting games prefer such speeds and it is not a problem with such speed to kill the prey with one shot. This speed also improves the power the bolt hits the target with, and this is a very important factor in hunting as well.
- In general, having a good range means that you can have a good distance from the target, but you can also take a lethal hit with a single shot. However, that also depends on the power with which the arrow is fired and how light the bow is.
Other facts one must be aware of
- The bow users must also be aware that the wax must be applied on the string whenever the bow has to be loaded to make the cord last longer.
- It can cause serious damage to the bow by pulling the string without loading the arrow.
- The bow must be light so it can be easily carried around and mostly the arrows also need not be heavy enough.
It is important that before using the crossbow, the user knows how to adjust the scope. The package manual not only helps users assemble the bow parts, but also provides instructions that prove to be quite useful. Most users are fresh and need to learn how to use a bow, and the manual helps these users feel easy. Durability is another factor as well, and it is considered important, but it also depends on how the user handles the crossbow given to him. The bow’s proper use will make the crossbow last longer.